Kasra's Infernii/Byzantii PLOG

For Mierce products as well as anything else you may want to show off
Kasra

Kasra's Infernii/Byzantii PLOG

Postby Kasra » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:40 am

Hello everyone,

This will be my PLOG for my Byzantii/Infernii army. I backed one of the kickstarters and got the Byzantii starter host as well as some Infernii goodies. Warning, this will be VERY PIC HEAVY.

While I haven't painted any of the Byzantii yet, I did want to go with a unified(ish) colour scheme across both realms and landed on a purple/black combo, based on a wasteland/desert type cracked earth scheme. For the demons themselves, I wanted to do something a bit different than the schemes on the Mierce painted mini's, so I opted for more of a grey/white flesh with a purple hue for shading. I'm quite happy with how the look contrasts with the dark cloth/armour - hoping you like them as much as I do!

Apologies about the pictures, they're not the best as I definitely need a better setup/light box, but they'll do for a start:

Craven Fiends of Dis:

Closer shots of each below

Kaius, Obeisant Fiend of Dis (with pet vulture)

Drubal, Menial Signifier of Dis

Luco, FIend Warrior

Kolkus, Fiend Warrior

Bacchus, Fiend Warrior

Pretty happy with how the fiends turned out, I played around a bit with some tattoos for them as it would have otherwise been a LOT of bare white skin. Also, given the diabolic rule I figured I could go a little more aggressive with the blood splatter than I typically do considering the majority of the time these killers will be in the middle of the fray carving up the enemy.

Malacant, Servile Champion of Dis

I'm REALLY happy with how Malacant turned out, hopefully I can do as good a job on Krull when he's done (he's a WIP at the moment but will post photos of him once he's done).

And lastly, a group shot of the boys getting ready to tear down the local village!
Infernii/Byzantii PLOG: https://tinyurl.com/h3qfd94
Bishmeister

Re: Kasra's Infernii/Byzantii PLOG

Postby Bishmeister » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:16 am

These look great, I really like your colour choice. Great work on the banner design also. Time to tackle Krull soon maybe.
demyse

Postby demyse » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:51 am

really cool - how did you do the basing?
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
Beire

Postby Beire » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:14 pm

They look absolutely brutal, good job!
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Wed May 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Love em!
CountCrushmore

Postby CountCrushmore » Fri May 26, 2017 11:53 am

Very nice models, I realy like the blood effects (especially the fact that you´ve placed matching blood splattered on the Fiends) - and the Bases are great, the cracked earth looks very realistic, and like demyse I would like to know how you realised the effect, if you would like to share your secret (and I also agree with Bishmeister, a Krull in that style would look great).

Thanks for sharing those nice pictures!
You can´t spell cOuNt crUshMOre without ONUMO!
Kasra

Postby Kasra » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey guys, apologies about the late reply.

Thanks all for the comments! I've been a little side tracked as the new 40k is getting my attention, but here's my process for the basing:

1. The first thing I do is pin the models to the base and leave them a little elevated (about the same height as where the lip of the base goes to) then add anything I want "buried" under the cracked earth (skeleton bits are cool here)
2. Once the mini is painted, and the bases are painted dark brown I do a mix (70/30) of golden arts crackle paste and citadel's cracked earth technical paint - I tinkered with this until the cracks were the size I liked. The layer has to be not too thick and not too thin - I find generally levelling up to the lip works well. I leave the bits i've glued on protruding out a bit, but still cover the edges to give it that buried effect.
3. Paints - A coat of kommando khaki, brown wash, drybrush khaki again, bleached bone, then a light drybrush of white. Sometimes i've gone too far, and need to tone it down with a sepia wash.
4. Once the cracked earth part is dry, I mix some dark brown paint into a fine pumice gel (also golden arts - should be available at any arts store that sells canvas painting supplies) and layer that on sparsely to add some fresh dirt
5. glue on the grass patches

Hope that helps! When I get back to Krull I'll be sure to post some pics :)
Infernii/Byzantii PLOG: https://tinyurl.com/h3qfd94

Return to “Painting and Modelling”