Atalantes Lore

Somewhere to discuss or ask questions about the lore surrounding the Lands of Darkness.
Crazyguy501

Atalantes Lore

Postby Crazyguy501 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:06 pm

So with this new lore bit added I thought I’d ask a couple of questions revolving around Atalantes and a little bit of Kthones in general

Why did the Atalantes create Kthones? I understand they were used as a slave force generally for different tasks based on the race, but was the creation more for the purpose that they just ‘could’ do it rather than round up human slaves instead

Did the Atalantes always have access to making Kthones (in a magic sense), leading back to their heiritage to Greece, or was this magic acquired when they found what is their current homeland Atalantia?

Is there separate God worship in different city states of Atalantia? Mentioned in The Rulebook are Asteros and Fengaros which are states of the Star and Moon, Each state sounds like it has its own separate identity on what they base their belief and ideology on?

Last one, if Atalantes picked up this creation magic from Atalantia does this mean Atalantia is almost akin to the Galápagos Islands with its abundance of life and perhaps where the reptilians were used to make certain Kthones? Although it’s clearly in a crumbling state of islands, maybe caused by the Atalantes abuse of power on the land itself?

Understand if you can’t answer certain ones becuase it’s spoilers/top secret.

Many thanks
James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Atalantes Lore

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Crazyguy501 wrote:So with this new lore bit added I thought I’d ask a couple of questions revolving around Atalantes and a little bit of Kthones in general

Why did the Atalantes create Kthones? I understand they were used as a slave force generally for different tasks based on the race, but was the creation more for the purpose that they just ‘could’ do it rather than round up human slaves instead

There's a bit of both, certainly because they could; but the Atalantes (human wise) are very few in number and so it made sense for them to create their own warriors from the life around them.

Crazyguy501 wrote:Did the Atalantes always have access to making Kthones (in a magic sense), leading back to their heiritage to Greece, or was this magic acquired when they found what is their current homeland Atalantia?

Yes; but I think you've misunderstood a large part of the Atalantes' history - or missed it - they came from the stars, as did the Greeks. They had a huge amount of power. Arcane power!

Crazyguy501 wrote:Is there separate God worship in different city states of Atalantia? Mentioned in The Rulebook are Asteros and Fengaros which are states of the Star and Moon, Each state sounds like it has its own separate identity on what they base their belief and ideology on?

Yes, but these gods are celestial - the sun, the moon, other stars etc. Hence Ilios, the City of the Sun. Herakles is a hero of Ilios because he is part of the sun worship.

Crazyguy501 wrote:Last one, if Atalantes picked up this creation magic from Atalantia does this mean Atalantia is almost akin to the Galápagos Islands with its abundance of life and perhaps where the reptilians were used to make certain Kthones? Although it’s clearly in a crumbling state of islands, maybe caused by the Atalantes abuse of power on the land itself?

In part the lands are crumbling because of their power usage and because of the rising sea levels - although Baalor is doing his best to help them. In the last ice age the sea was 2-300 metres lower than it is now.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Rob
Crazyguy501

Re: Atalantes Lore

Postby Crazyguy501 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 am

Ahhh cool, yeah I think I must of missinterpreted the aforementioned part.

Many Thanks

James

Return to “Darklands Lore”