Anglecynn vs Ysians (999 Gold)

A place to tell the world about your games of Darklands
Byzantii V

Anglecynn vs Ysians (999 Gold)

Postby Byzantii V » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:01 am

Hey Rob and Tim, thanks for posting that great battle report, I found it tremendously helpful to work through the game. For anyone who hasn't seen it, take a peek at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5VsAodPAU

There is one thing that I wanted to ask you about. When you are the defender and need to calculate your constitution + armour (C+A), do you use your original full-health C+A, or your modified stats after taking a few wounds? It looked like you always use the original C+A in a unit containing more than one warrior, but when it dropped to a single warrior, you used the wounded C+A....is that correct? Further, in the Duguth unit with the Thegn, does the Thegn use his wounded C+A because he is a different skill level than the Duguth?

I think I have that right, but I wanted to make sure. Oh, and one more question since it didn't happen in the bat rep: if the Wiglere had failed his recovery roll, how many wounds does he take? Is it 2D10 because he has 2 recovery dice? Or is the damage equivalent to the amount he failed the roll by?

Thank you!
demyse

Re: Anglecynn vs Ysians (999 Gold)

Postby demyse » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:00 am

cool stuff, I take it the other mierce channel is dead then?
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
James Harding

Postby James Harding » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Yes to the original question about C+A. Use that of an unwounded model if the unit has some - otherwise you could be damaging based on a C+A 1 higher than the armour, which might see you mowing down huge swathes of the unit!!
Yeah, the Thegn is a noble and then superstar to the unit.

if the wiglere had failed his recover test there is a chart in the rulebook to roll on. Most likely results (from memory) can have him take his recovery in d10's damage (so 2d10), but can be a friendly model getting a bit zapped (d10) or even death!!
Went through a bit of a phase of not passing a recovery roll on 70+...!
Byzantii V

Postby Byzantii V » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Got it, thanks James. I will dig up the right chart then.

demyse, I don't really know what you mean...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:04 am

Byzantii V wrote:Hey Rob and Tim, thanks for posting that great battle report, I found it tremendously helpful to work through the game. For anyone who hasn't seen it, take a peek at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5VsAodPAU

Glad you like it!

Byzantii V wrote:There is one thing that I wanted to ask you about. When you are the defender and need to calculate your constitution + armour (C+A), do you use your original full-health C+A, or your modified stats after taking a few wounds? It looked like you always use the original C+A in a unit containing more than one warrior, but when it dropped to a single warrior, you used the wounded C+A....is that correct?

Correct.

Byzantii V wrote:Further, in the Duguth unit with the Thegn, does the Thegn use his wounded C+A because he is a different skill level than the Duguth?

Correct.

Byzantii V wrote:I think I have that right, but I wanted to make sure. Oh, and one more question since it didn't happen in the bat rep: if the Wiglere had failed his recovery roll, how many wounds does he take? Is it 2D10 because he has 2 recovery dice? Or is the damage equivalent to the amount he failed the roll by?

No, there's a fumble table - you roll a D10 and apply the result. His head could pop, or he could forget an invocation, etc.

Thanks for watching!

Cheers
demyse

Postby demyse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:27 am

Byzantii V wrote: demyse, I don't really know what you mean...

There is already a Mierce Miniatures youtube channel with 6 videos on it, now there is also a Mierce Miniatures Ltd youtube channel with 3 vids, just didn't know why there are 2 channels that's all
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:43 am

It's so that my videographer has access to a channel. He doesn't have access to the account, just that channel.

Cheers
Rob
James Harding

Postby James Harding » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Rob,
I do have a question, How does Timmy include the Wiglere in the Duguth along with the Thegn?
Only commanders can join units and even then can only joins ones in their command.
I did wonder if it was as a part of a host command, but Duguth are not Hearthguard, so can't form a host command.
Was it a little artistic license for the video or have I missed something?
Byzantii V

Postby Byzantii V » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:28 am

Rob, I also have to ask: what happened with your Norse host? Were the trolls having an off day?
Byzantii V

Postby Byzantii V » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:30 am

My teasing backfired...that last comment should have fallen under the post about Coventry Carnage.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:23 am

James Harding wrote:Rob,
I do have a question, How does Timmy include the Wiglere in the Duguth along with the Thegn?

I'll be honest, I thought the Wiglere was in the Thegn's command, so if he wasn't that's a mistake on Timmy's part that I didn't see.

James Harding wrote:Only commanders can join units and even then can only joins ones in their command.

That's not true mate - check p292.

James Harding wrote:I did wonder if it was as a part of a host command, but Duguth are not Hearthguard, so can't form a host command.
Was it a little artistic license for the video or have I missed something?

I'm not sure to be honest!

Byzantii V wrote:Rob, I also have to ask: what happened with your Norse host? Were the trolls having an off day?

I only played two games, as I had to be back for the Expo (an event in Birmingham) that evening. Although I was still rubbish.

Cheers
Rob
Byzantii V

Postby Byzantii V » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Well, the tournament sounds like it was fun anyways!

Return to “Battle Reports”