Nobles as unit leaders during muster

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
jereme

Nobles as unit leaders during muster

Postby jereme » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Reading through the muster rules, I see that nobles automatically lead units they are present in. I believe, but didn't hunt down the specific rule which states, that nobles may join units during the battle. Is it possible for nobles to join a unit during the muster process if they don't have an explicit rule allowing or requiring them to "bind" (Euryalia, for example).

The second question which arises from binding to a unit is how does this work with the general's ability to be mustered outside of a command? Can Euryalia be mustered outside of a command, since she must have a bound unit of Sword-Melusines?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Nobles as unit leaders during muster

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:12 pm

jereme wrote:Reading through the muster rules, I see that nobles automatically lead units they are present in. I believe, but didn't hunt down the specific rule which states, that nobles may join units during the battle.

It's under the Join action.

jereme wrote:Is it possible for nobles to join a unit during the muster process if they don't have an explicit rule allowing or requiring them to "bind" (Euryalia, for example).

Yes -

7 · 13 · 1 · 1
MUSTERED JOINING
Nobles may Join a unit before the battle as part of their muster, but only to units within their own command. They thus begin the battle as a Joined unit and must be positioned on the battlefield as one unit.

jereme wrote:The second question which arises from binding to a unit is how does this work with the general's ability to be mustered outside of a command? Can Euryalia be mustered outside of a command, since she must have a bound unit of Sword-Melusines?

No. The profile, in this instance Euryalia's, overrides the general's ability to be mustered outside of a command. She doesn't *have* to have a unit of Melusines though.

Hope that helps!
jereme

Postby jereme » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 am

A reference to 7.13.1.1 should probably be added to the muster rules.

As the joined unit is lead by the noble, and the noble is the general, does that mean that there's no impact to Command Authority (muster rules, 4.4) for that unit? For example, my Gwynedd host is led by a Teyrn (authority 88). He must have a unit of Teulu (authority 28) in his command, so he musters them as the first unit in his command, and joins them. Is the current Command Authority 88, 28, or 0.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 pm

jereme wrote:A reference to 7.13.1.1 should probably be added to the muster rules.

You may well be right there...

jereme wrote:As the joined unit is lead by the noble, and the noble is the general, does that mean that there's no impact to Command Authority (muster rules, 4.4) for that unit? For example, my Gwynedd host is led by a Teyrn (authority 88). He must have a unit of Teulu (authority 28) in his command, so he musters them as the first unit in his command, and joins them. Is the current Command Authority 88, 28, or 0.

No, that's not how it works - the Teulu are still considered a unit in his command, whether he's Joined them or not.

So the current Command Authority is 28.

Cheers

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”