Illusion spell for Sell Swords

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501

Illusion spell for Sell Swords

Postby Crazyguy501 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:49 am

So I stumbled upon an interesting invocation the other day, on the sell sword muster. Illusion. A few questions in regards to how it works

1. When a unit is copied. Are any artefacts, unit buffs/unit states also copied over? (Exult tokens, shaken, etc)

2. Does the illusion unit activate at the same time as the copy unit, or does it still activate sequentially? (Almost like a bind unit or a separate unit entity)

3. When the illusion engaged does the unit get to perform attack actions etc?

4. If they do get to attack, would you still roll a D5 to check whether it’s the real unit or not?

Really like the idea of this spell, but there’s a few variations on this I think are worth being checked into before using it.

Many thanks

Jim
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Illusion spell for Sell Swords

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:11 pm

Crazyguy501 wrote:So I stumbled upon an interesting invocation the other day, on the sell sword muster. Illusion. A few questions in regards to how it works

1. When a unit is copied. Are any artefacts, unit buffs/unit states also copied over? (Exult tokens, shaken, etc)

Yes, good point, I'll add that in.

Crazyguy501 wrote:2. Does the illusion unit activate at the same time as the copy unit, or does it still activate sequentially? (Almost like a bind unit or a separate unit entity)

Yeah, it's not worded very well. Illusory units should activate individually like all other units, otherwise it will get very messy.

Crazyguy501 wrote:3. When the illusion engaged does the unit get to perform attack actions etc?

Sigh... that needs rewriting...

Crazyguy501 wrote:4. If they do get to attack, would you still roll a D5 to check whether it’s the real unit or not?

Not sure. Let me think on it.

Crazyguy501 wrote:Really like the idea of this spell, but there’s a few variations on this I think are worth being checked into before using it.

Me too! Just need to word it properly.

I'll get back to you on the details...

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”