Question About Enthrall Spell, Tundral Spells, Reivers Invoke List

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
HughB

Question About Enthrall Spell, Tundral Spells, Reivers Invoke List

Postby HughB » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:10 am

Spell reads as follows:

Immediate Effect: One enemy warrior within the Marked unit per invoked die is placed under the control of the Invoker's player, under any order he wishes and in the Invoker's command.
Rules: Once per Mark; Unstable

Am I right in thinking that this can be used to control solitary units as well (monsters)?

Does the invoker choose which models from a unit they take control of? Can this be used to take control of nobles within units?

Does the controlled warrior retain the same vigour that they had before being controlled or do they become lively/can the controller reactivate them?

If you manage to enthrall your opponents general and the spell doesn't dissipate at turn end, do they need to do a woe, woe test?

Do any enthralled models need to stay within focus range of the invoker to remain enthralled (hoping not, just thought I'd check)?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Question About Enthrall Spell, Tundral Spells, Reivers Invoke List

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:18 am

HughB wrote:Spell reads as follows:

Immediate Effect: One enemy warrior within the Marked unit per invoked die is placed under the control of the Invoker's player, under any order he wishes and in the Invoker's command.
Rules: Once per Mark; Unstable

Am I right in thinking that this can be used to control solitary units as well (monsters)?

It can indeed.

HughB wrote:Does the invoker choose which models from a unit they take control of? Can this be used to take control of nobles within units?

Yes, and yes. I'll clarify that!

HughB wrote:Does the controlled warrior retain the same vigour that they had before being controlled or do they become lively/can the controller reactivate them?

Good question - I'll say they become lively.

HughB wrote:If you manage to enthrall your opponents general and the spell doesn't dissipate at turn end, do they need to do a woe, woe test?

No, he's still alive, although acting rather strangely...

HughB wrote:Do any enthralled models need to stay within focus range of the invoker to remain enthralled (hoping not, just thought I'd check)?

No, they're part of your host until the invocation dissipates.

Cheers
Rob
HughB

Postby HughB » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:28 pm

Well those are some interesting answers. I'm rather liking this spell. Although (fortunately?) most monsters have a high enough temper that trying to enthrall them becomes dicey. Lets see how it works on the table.
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:52 pm

Absolutely, go for it! I've amended the invocation for the ideas above...

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”