Invoking to Frenzied

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Brightblade

Invoking to Frenzied

Postby Brightblade » Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 am

The Rule book states;

Calming Frenzied Units
It is almost impossible to calm a unit down once it is frenzied,
and even then it only occurs involuntarily. Frenzied units may
remove their frenzied tokens in the following circumstances:
· Convulses: immediately after it is Defeated in combat and
Convulses as its Attack Result reaction
· Rampages: immediately after the Rampage reaction is resolved

Yet some Invokes can be used to turn a unit Frenzied, Anglecynn Fierce, Ysian Wrath of Kernunnos, yet these Inokes state that the Frenzied effects only last until the end of the Invoked units next activation.

This appears to completely disregard the fundamental state of Frenzied as defined in the Rule Book which defines the only circumstances upon a Frenzied Unit will calm down..

I know that Musters are supposed to take precidence over the Rule Book, but this seems such a fundamental change, and is referring to the Units Heart State.

So my question, if Invoked to Frenzied does the unit follow the Heart State as defined in the Rule Book or the Invoke Muster requirements.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Invoking to Frenzied

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Brightblade wrote:The Rule book states;

Calming Frenzied Units
It is almost impossible to calm a unit down once it is frenzied,
and even then it only occurs involuntarily. Frenzied units may
remove their frenzied tokens in the following circumstances:
· Convulses: immediately after it is Defeated in combat and
Convulses as its Attack Result reaction
· Rampages: immediately after the Rampage reaction is resolved

Yet some Invokes can be used to turn a unit Frenzied, Anglecynn Fierce, Ysian Wrath of Kernunnos, yet these Inokes state that the Frenzied effects only last until the end of the Invoked units next activation.

This appears to completely disregard the fundamental state of Frenzied as defined in the Rule Book which defines the only circumstances upon a Frenzied Unit will calm down..

I know that Musters are supposed to take precidence over the Rule Book, but this seems such a fundamental change, and is referring to the Units Heart State.

So my question, if Invoked to Frenzied does the unit follow the Heart State as defined in the Rule Book or the Invoke Muster requirements.

I hear what you are saying - but it is intended that way. Musters override rule books; otherwise no special rules work at all.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”