Extreme mustering question

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
novafan

Extreme mustering question

Postby novafan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

This is 750 gold akward Angelcynn muster I made just to check that I understood all the aspects of mustering.

General command
---------------
Æthelglyth, Warrior-Maiden of Mierce (Forthegn) 109
Duguth Unit (Champion, Standard-Bearer, Musician, 7 Warriors) 130
Wælwulf unit (Champion, Standard-Bearer, Musician, 2 Warriors) 321
Ffion ferddig, bard of gwynedd 31

Allied commander command
------------------------
Caedoc, abad of becelert 82
Carys, uchelwyr of gwynedd with bow 74

Total gold 747

Is it right?
Thank you
Last edited by novafan on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jereme

Re: Extreme mustering

Postby jereme » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Angelcynn muster 1.10 and Brythoniaid 1.6... Æthelglyth's authority is 85, and requires a unit of Duguth (which you have). Duguth are authority 23, and Waelwulf unit is 27, so that command's Command Authority is 50, which is less than Æthelglyth's 85, so is legal. so far, you've satisfied the need for a general, a command (which requires a unit), and the unit of Duguth. Skirmish battle size (750 gold) has no mandatory unit requirements, and allows up to 225 gold for allies and sell-swords (30% of 750).

Ffion Ferdigg (authority 22), however, is from Gwynedd, so can't go into a Mierce command. Looking at your Gwynedd Allied Command, the Abad has an authority of 84 and the Uchelwyr has an authority of 74. The Abad is the commander of the allied contingent, based on authority. However, he can't muster both the Bard and the Uchelwyr.

I didn't check your gold costs.
jereme

Postby jereme » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Looking at 7.13.1.1 and 7.13.1.2, it appears that you could Join all of your allied nobles into one unit when mustered. If there's no "authority burden" from the joined nobles, then your list is legal once you move Ffion to the allied contingent.

However, Rob may have a different answer.
novafan

Postby novafan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Thank you very much for your quick and anwer.
Ffion Ferdigg was in the first group on purpose. I wanted to check if I had well understood this anwer by Rob, I found on the forum:

* The Mustered General must take at least one unit in his Command from his Realm, but can take other units from other realms.
Correct for now. Really, when the musters become proper documents and not a collection of profiles, this will change; if the General of a particular realm wishes to use warriors from a different realm, they must be allies.

I think Ffion Ferdigg should join the second group without authority problems also because she is an individual.
novafan

Re: Extreme mustering question

Postby novafan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:14 pm

I'll wait from an answer by Rob to be sure, anyway.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:29 pm

novafan wrote:Thank you very much for your quick and anwer.
Ffion Ferdigg was in the first group on purpose. I wanted to check if I had well understood this anwer by Rob, I found on the forum:

* The Mustered General must take at least one unit in his Command from his Realm, but can take other units from other realms.
Correct for now. Really, when the musters become proper documents and not a collection of profiles, this will change; if the General of a particular realm wishes to use warriors from a different realm, they must be allies.

I think Ffion Ferdigg should join the second group without authority problems also because she is an individual.

What I meant was, other realms within the same kindred...!

I think I'll need to address this a bit further, looks like a few are getting the wrong end of the stick...

In the examples above, both Ffion and Carys must be allied.
novafan

Postby novafan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:23 am

Perfect. I had the suspect I was misunderstanding, that's the reason why I checked using an example.

So a right muster should be this:

General command
-----------------------
Æthelglyth, Warrior-Maiden of Mierce (Forthegn) 109
Duguth Unit (Champion, Standard-Bearer, Musician, 2 Warriors) 130
Wælwulf unit (Champion, Standard-Bearer, Musician, 2 Warriors) 321

Allied commander command
-----------------------------------
Caedoc, abad of becelert 82
Carys, uchelwyr of gwynedd with bow 74
Ffion ferddig, bard of gwynedd 31

Ffion, being an individual, doesn't count towards the command authority, so I can field both her and Carys under Caedoc command; am I right?

Thank you for your answer.
jereme

Postby jereme » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 am

Muster Rules version 2.3, section 4.6 supports you. Your mustered host looks good.
nielsene

Postby nielsene » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 pm

However the bard doesn't do you much good without a unit to support. Not sure if she can head over and boost the Mierce troops, or if you'd need a Brythoniaid unit for her to buff.
jereme

Postby jereme » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Nothing in the Bard's Hearten ability rules says anything about Kindred or Realm or command restrictions for the effects.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”