CountCrushmore - Brythoniaid, the Burninating Barbarians

For Tale of X Gamers painting blogs
CountCrushmore

CountCrushmore - Brythoniaid, the Burninating Barbarians

Postby CountCrushmore » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:54 pm

So here I am, I thought since we have this Subforum today might be a good day to bring it back to life as Demyse has suggested some days ago.

I think it is a great idea to see Hosts grow without a hard deadline but still under the watchful eyes of the Militia. My poor Krokodar still aren´t finished :oops:, one month is just too short for a painter like me with the speed of a very slow Mallax (but that challenge still was fun and it was great to see the results of the other painters).

With that out of the way, I will be building my Brythoniaid Host in this Thread and use it to keep myself focused by forcing myself to post one picture every weekend, no matter how much I´ve finished, maybe those Mini Deadlines work.

So what can you expect? At the Moment I have two of the Metal Age Teulu Starter Hosts here, so that´s 20 Teulu (with two Commands) 4 Dyndraigs from those Hosts and two additional Dyndraigs that I´ve bought outside those Hosts and Carys, Caedoc and Urien (I will only paint one of them) - here they are still in their bags:

And then theres an Armoured Mag ap Mag that I´ve bought on ebay, and many nice things that are on my way (the two Starters from Savage Hordes 2, another Teulu Host with Aradae Mawr, the Rhyfelwr Host with Glaun, and the Big Guys - Parawn and Angrislaug).

So that´s quite a lot of stuff, and thats only the Brythoniaids - so I better start working.

Here´s the first post - the three Characters and some Teulus, primed and ready to go:

I will be back next week, and I hope that I will be able to show you some progress by then and I hope to see some other threads like this pop up, I think it could work, steady progress, the pressure is there but not too strong - so let´s get those treasures painted!
You can´t spell cOuNt crUshMOre without ONUMO!
CountCrushmore

Re: CountCrushmore - Brythoniaid, the Burninating Barbarians

Postby CountCrushmore » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:59 am

So, I´ve promised to update this thread each week so here I am again, even if there isn´t much progress to show.

But still this picture shows three facts:
- Those Miniatures are awesome, look at all those Details!
- I won´t stick with the official colors (if I ever get into gaming and demo Games Red Bryths against Red Byzantii might get confusing, so I try to keep them seperate. I plan Green, Red and some white (not too much, most of the clothing will be leather colored)
- My boast that I paint as fast as a very slow Mallax was only that, a boast - make that a very slow Mallox, riding on Kyros´ Horse

See you next week, hopefully they will have met the paintbrush between now and then :mrgreen:
alaskapaul

Postby alaskapaul » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:20 pm

I like the idea of this thread, really looking forward to seeing your host come together. Hopefully it will encourage me to pull my finger out haha.
H3SO4

Postby H3SO4 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Courage I am of any heart with you :) :) :)
for the colors it is a good idea that take again the diagram of the flag of Wales , I wanted to do that but I did not find of place for the green :mrgreen:
I am in a hurry of even the continuation
CountCrushmore

Postby CountCrushmore » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you for your attention!

Unfortunatly I don´t have any progress to show at the moment (I made some progress, but I didn´t take any pictures). I promised two things - slow progress and weekly updates but I fear at the moment I can only stay true to the first part since I am away from home for a while and only return every few weeks for a single day, but I will try to take some pictures the next time.

@H3SO4:
You´ve guessed correctly, they are going to be welsh colored. It wasn´t my first Idea but the Archers in Savage Hordes 2 (the ones that finally tipped me over to the Bryths) had green Capes in my mind as soon as I´ve seen them, so that was decided.

Again, sorry that I can´t show you any images at the moment, but I´ve painted them that way:
- Green Capes
- White Tunics and Shields
- Red Borders on the Tunics and the Dragons on the shields will be red too
- Some Leather, Metal (not done yet) and wood

And I intend to paint the Dragons green too - so I hope that will tie them together on the Field.

Thanks for your intrest and sorry that I don´t have anything interesting to show right now.
CountCrushmore

Postby CountCrushmore » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:14 pm

So, as I said, I promised two things - slow progress and regular updates. Well, I can´t possibly get any slower, but here are two pictures of the current progress:

My camera added some highlights that aren´t realy there - I intend to use those Bryths to try my hand at Layering. Until now I painted mainly with washes but the awesome Mierce Miniatures deserve something better, so at least that´s my plan. The white will get a little bit dirtier, I won´t go as far as to try Layering white with my first atempt, there will be washes.

I´ve prepared the Areas that I intend to be metallic with black (well at least some of them) but I am not so sure about the Lady - I guess Carys will get a Leather Armour, so that is going to change, but I fear that it will be quite a while before I will have the time to work on them again.

Return to “Tale of X Gamers”